Hi all! Our last working weeks were not too busy, but the things we did were essential. Implementing new things isn’t easy. Making them work the way they should is much trickier. This brings us to the issues we managed to detect and fix.
Here they are:
- spiders’ bouncing and behavior. Now they’re realistic—and deadly;
- character’s falling through the platform edges. Fix platforms, check. Replace builders, check;
- arrows disappearing on their trajectory. Monsters can now see that the death is coming;
- game saving errors, including the bug that appeared if you saved the game at the moment of the bot’s death (it failed to resurrect after restart). One should never walk about Ark without company;
- platform performance (where they failed to pick up passengers). Perhaps, overweight was the reason;
- the character doesn’t freeze when you change the camera viewing angle. Such flashing could trigger a seizure in anyone;
- swordsman failed to jump when they ran out of stamina. That makes sense, but we fixed it anyway;
- the character can’t run through a door unless it’s fully open;
Now let’s talk about the things that worked well, but we still improved them. We know, the sky is the limit, right?
- crumbling platforms animation
- camera switching between characters;
- Ayleen’s animations;
- remapped some control buttons;
- improved some tutorial hints
You didn’t buy it when we said we weren’t adding anything new, did you? The new features:
- dialogues with townsfolks. Will they tell us what happened?
- added some secrets on levels. Now you can find first-aid kits and something else;
- a new level. This location is a part of the game’s story. What we can reveal is that you’ll have to fight hordes of attacking monsters. We’re keeping the rest a secret.
That’ll be all for today. See you in our next post, which is coming very soon.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our groups in social networks to keep up to date with all the news: